From: "Jim Daly"
Date: Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:28 pm
Subject: Daytona Beach News Journal & Orlando Sentinel's article, today, June 20, 2002

Dear Jim Stelling and SCREC leaders and members!

Regarding today's article in many newspapers, I made it clear to the reporter that MOST of the GOP counties were innocent of the GOP Duval tactics. I wanted the reporter to be clear about that, and he wasn't. I am very upset over that, for I wanted to reinforce our local GOP's good name. On May 6th, Tom Slade began telling reporters that no one should run against Corrine Brown because it has brought too many democrats to the poles in the past, and they vote democrat all the way down the ticket, including for governor.Tom Slade is from Tallahassee and brought his Tallahasse buddies with him to the JAX GOP. When he did that, I was told that many locals stopped going to the Duval GOP meetings, because Tom and Tallahassee were implementing their own agenda. Since then, I have received many threats. What made me decide to withdraw finally was when , on Friday, people high up in the JAX GOP said that they would put cocaine in my car if I continued to run. They said they own the police and FBI. I do have reports in with Seminole County Sheriff, Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement, and the FBI.

I just wanted to help the GOP, not divide it. If I could be guaranteed to not be falsely imprisoned, then I would run, or run for a different spot that the whole GOP would agree on. I want my Seminole county GOP and the other REC's to know this. I wanted to make YOU proud. Duval thinks it has control over district 3, which consists of parts of NINE counties, not just Duval County. I am so sorry for the way the reporter stated everything. I was so clear that I wanted the local GOP's to be honored and not dishonored. What do we expect from the liberal media, anyways?

Bridging the gap between us,
Ishah Wright

The following is from Media Whores Online:

This week, Republican challenger Ishah Wright pulled out of the race for Democratic incumbent Corrine Brown's congressional seat. Wright said she was bullied and threatened into quitting - not by Democrats, but by her fellow Republicans.

According to the Naples Daily News, Wright, a 34-year-old Republican and political neophyte, "had been ostracized by local GOP officials, who think Brown is unbeatable in the 3rd District and fear any challenger would increase Democratic turnout in her district.

In short, to help Jeb Bush get re-elected, Wright had to go.

Now, how exactly was she "bullied"? The Florida Times-Union mentions "death threats," but not directly from Republican leaders.

But Wright had told her side of the story to the Seminole County Republican Executive Committee.

Here's an excerpt from a posting Wright herself sent to the SCREC's mail list:

What made me decide to withdraw finally was when, on Friday, people high up in the JAX [that is, Jacksonville] GOP said that they would put cocaine in my car if I c!ontinued [sic] to run. They said they own the police and FBI. I do have reports in with Seminole County Sherrif [sic],
Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement, and  the FBI.

I just wanted to help the GOP, not divide it. If I could be guaranteed to not be falsely imprisoned, then I would run, or run for a different spot that the whole GOP would agree on.

Ishah Wright's Message to the Seminole County Republicans Link

There are only two possible explanations for this post: First, that Wright is telling the truth; second, that she's as crazy as a loon.

If she is telling the truth, then the Florida State GOP and the Duval County GOP have some serious explaining to do.

If she's lying, what does this say about the mental health of those whom the Florida G.O.P. would even consider nominating to Congress?  What is would say would be consistent with their nomination of "Crazy" Katherine Harris, declared mentally unfit recently by a Florida state judge.

Either way, this is another major embarrassment for the First Brother's party.

No wonder Karl Rove is worried about losing the Sunshine State.

Background Reports:

NaplesNews.com
Jacksonville.com

P.S. Y'all remember the part Seminole County played in the 2000 coup, don'cha

cnn.com

pbs.org

The county where the election officials, headed by Seminole County Supervisor of Elections Sandra Goard, a Republican, allowed G.O.P. workers to add improperly 2100 missing voter registration numbers to absentee ballot applications -- but threw out the similarly flawed applications from Democrats?  My, my, the Republicans play rough and dirty down in Seminole County!  Planted evidence?  Ballot fraud?  But hey, that's okay, so long as Jeb Bush in the governor's mansion!  And the Seminole County Republicans aim to keep Li'l Brother there. By any means necessary.

Email a Letter to the Editor of the Florida Times-Union of Jacksonville, asking the paper to look thoroughly into Ishah Wright's charges that Republican officials bullied her out of running for Congress with threats of planted evidence and false imprisonment.  Is Wright telling the truth?

Democrats.com:%20The%26nbsp;aggressive%20progressives%21%26nbsp;%26nbsp;
Join%20us%26nbsp;%26amp;%26nbsp;contribute

Privacy%20Policy
Copyright%202003%20Democrats.com.%20All%20rights%20reserved.

'"()&%