PRESS RELEASE -- 4/1/03|
Group Pledges to Monitor 9/11 Government Commission:
"9/11 CitizensWatch" Says Unanswered Questions Must be Addressed; Group Includes Victims' Family Members and Other Americans
New York -- March 31: The government's 9/11 National Commission opened today. A new non-partisan group called 9/11 CitizensWatch presented "unanswered questions" from 9/11. [see page 2 below] It says it will work with both the National Commission and independent researchers to get to the bottom of the September 11 tragedy.
"We honor the victims by learning the truth," said Kyle Hence of 9/11 CitizensWatch, "and by learning the truth of what happened that day and why, we help ensure that such a tragedy never happens again. The fact is, a global community of independent researchers has been investigating 9/11 for eighteen months, and is finding a great deal of evidence that conflicts with the official story. We welcome the federal government in finally joining this historic truth-finding effort, and we plan to constructively engage the National Commission and act as a liaison to the independent research community."
The announcement by CitizensWatch was made at a lunchtime press conference Monday in the U.S. Customs House in New York City, where the National Commission was holding its first open hearings. Independent researcher Allan Wood of the "Complete 9/11 Timeline" research project; Andrew Rice, who lost his brother David on September 11; and Catherine Austin Fitts, former Assistant Secretary of Housing under the first President Bush; spoke at the press conference. CitizensWatch says it will issue periodic statements about the Commission's work and the work of independent researchers, and that it supports the formation of a fully independent 9/11 Commission.
"9/11 CitizensWatch is a hub for the most credible, well-sourced, well-documented research on 9/11," explained John Judge, "We will sift through the research and bring the strongest to the public. We have a research standard of excellence, we will continue to address the unanswered questions, and we hope that the National Commission does, as well. We believe it is our collective responsibility and obligation as Americans to get to the bottom of what happened on Sep. 11, 2001."
"What disturbs me," said former Wall St. Investment banker Catherine Austin Fitts, "is that in the aftermath of 9/11 the DoD was somehow able to avoid the problem of $2.3 trillion in 'undocumentable adjustments.' Cooked books at the Pentagon compromises our economic and national security."
Said Ryan Amundson, who lost his brother Craig in the terrorist attack on the Pentagon, "I desperately want to be able to trust the government, but as long as these questions remain unanswered I will always have doubt in my mind."
Unanswered Questions from 9/11
(Presented at 9/11 CitizensWatch Press Conference; Customs House, NYC, March 31)
1) Why in the months before 9/11 did FBI headquarters consistently obstruct field agent investigations of potential terrorists or terrorist financiers?
2) Why were many detailed warnings from the intelligence services of Britain, Germany, Israel, Egypt, Russia, Italy, and other foreign governments ignored?
3) Why were some prominent travelers warned not to fly on 9/11?
4) Why in the days immediately before 9/11 were there massive spikes in the number of "puts" on the stocks of airline and insurance companies?
5) Why did the chief of Pakistani Intelligence, Gen. Mahmoud Ahmed, approve over $100,000 in wire transfers to Mohammed Atta prior to the attacks?
6) Why in the 1 hour and 20 minutes after the onset of a multiple hijacking, with hundreds dead or dying in the Twin Towers, and a third jet hurtling to our nation's capitol did no USAF, Navy or Air National Guard fighter defend the Pentagon?
7) From investigator and former NBC reporter/producer Daniel Hopsicker's Florida investigation: Why do eyewitness accounts of the behavior and movements of lead hijacker Mohammed Atta conflict with the findings of the government investigation?
8) Why in the wake of the most cataclysmic intelligence and air defense failures in American history have no government officials or Pentagon brass been held accountable for the September 11 tragedy?
9) Why, in the wake of the most cataclysmic intelligence and air defense failures in American history, have responsible government officials and Pentagon brass been rewarded with promotions?
10) Why did the Bush/Cheney Administration for over a year stonewall victims' family members demands for a full independent investigation?
11) Why, after 9/11. are new government contracts being issued to private government contractors who have never been accountable for $3.3 trillion of "undocumentable adjustments" in the accounting and information systems they manage?